[L2Ork-dev] Test upcoming bugfix for glist_getcanvas

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 17 21:54:22 UTC 2017

Hi list,I've got a crasher fix in the pipeline:
https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/commits/gop-crasher-fix
Essentially this just removes gobj_shouldvis from the conditional in glist_getcanvas.
Any clue what the heck that call was doing there in the first place? It was in Pd-extended
0.42, then removed without comment or explanation for Pd-extended 0.43.
The crasher happened because the glist_getcanvas loop assumes only that the current
glist and its owner are valid, but the call to glist_shouldvis ends up calling glist_xtopixels
and dereferencing a glist one past the owner.

I don't currently see any regressions due to removing it, but it should be thoroughly
tested before moving on.