[L2Ork-dev] Request to review proposal for GSoC 24

Amrut Kotrannavar amrutkotrannavar004 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 14:09:57 EDT 2024

Hey, Purr-data Mentors!

My name is Amrut Kotrannavar, and I hope you guys are doing well.

As contributor proposal submissions are going to begin soon, I was hoping I
could get my proposal reviewed before I make the final submission.

I'm strongly interested in two of the project ideas from the list, which
are "Generating Pd patches using a LLM" and "Visual Diff" (which is in the
older projects section).
If given the opportunity, I'm open to taking up either of the two, because
I think I've spent a fair amount of time understanding the challenges and
have also tried
prototyping possible approaches for the projects.

Thus, if I'm allowed to work on the idea "Visual Diff", I would love to
make a proposal submission for that project as well, please let me know. In
this email however, I have attached my draft proposal (for the project =>
"Generating Pd patches using a LLM") which outlines a plan for developing a
tool that translates natural language descriptions into corresponding Pd
patches.

In my proposal, I detail the project's goals, a step-by-step action plan,
my commitment level, and relevant skills. I would be incredibly grateful if
you could review the proposal and provide any feedback or suggestions for
improvement. Specifically, I'd appreciate your insights on areas where the
proposal might benefit from further detail or refinement.

Here's the proposal: link
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w7zSqoS1RCqtOsgBNPmLtcrJ6e_pdr6j5-EA_747gWg/edit?usp=sharing>

I am available to discuss the proposal further at your convenience. Thank
you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Amrut K