[L2Ork-dev] Application for Participation in GSoC

Hanwen Zheng eserinc.z at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 05:21:01 EDT 2024

 Dear Purr Data Team,

My name is Hanwen Zheng, and I am a master's student majoring in Computer
Science at Nanjing University. I am currently affiliated with the "PASCAL"
research group, where I am engaged in research focused on Programming
Language. I am writing to express my keen interest in participating in the
"JIT-compiled Signal Graph for the Audio Engine" project within PurrData,
with the aim of contributing to the open-source community. I believe this
project holds significant meaning and is incredibly intriguing.

I have a strong command of C++ language and possess foundational knowledge
in LLVM. My experience includes winning two gold medals at the ICPC Asia
Regional Contests, indicating a solid understanding of algorithms.
Moreover, I have accumulated 8 years of experience working with C/C++,
enabling me to proficiently utilize these languages. Recently, under the
nurturing environment of our research group focusing on Programming
Languages, I have been rapidly acquiring knowledge in LLVM.

However, I must admit that while I have some experience with LLVM, it is
primarily limited to experimental testing environments and has not been
extensively applied in real-world projects. Additionally, this would be my
inaugural foray into participating in an open-source project.

I am genuinely enthusiastic about contributing to this project and would
like to inquire about the opportunities available to me. Furthermore, I am
eager to learn about any additional knowledge or skills I may need to
acquire, as well as the preparations necessary to meet the project
requirements. Could you kindly advise me on where to begin my preparations
to become involved in this project?

Thank you very much for considering my application. I eagerly await your
response and the possibility of working together on this exciting endeavor.

Warm regards,

Hanwen Zheng