[L2Ork-dev] Pd-L2Ork now available on flathub

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 6 02:13:11 EST 2023

On 11/4/23 00:58, Linux ROUEN Normandie wrote:
> My understanding of Flatpak, and others like Snap and AppImage, is you
> are not sharing anything between applications.
> Everything is included into a simple package, the app itself and all the
> necessary dependencies, working in a sandbox.

afaict, the overhead you are seeing *is* the sandbox.
there are multiple sandboxes available (as the world outside flatpak
evolves and they don't want to force flatpak applications to be locked
with a sandbox from the last century).

> MIDI Realtime and JACK are still open questions.

not sure what you mean by this.
at least jack-via-pipewire seems to work without problems (and my take
is, that if you are going for flatpak, you probably should use pipewire
as well)

gmfdsr
IOhannes