[L2Ork-dev] Pd-L2Ork now available on flathub

Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Nov 3 09:21:53 EDT 2023

IOhannes is correct. There is one thing that OP might be hinting at,
however, that might be worth considering. The flatpak developers want
projects to be using the latest version of the freedesktop and are strongly
discouraging use of older versions on newly submitted projects. This is why
in the recent release of Pd-L2Ork I was required to use the latest 23.08.
Given that adjusting this in any flatpak manifest requires a simple change
and I have not seen any regressions going from 22.08 to this one, it may
not be a bad idea to encourage all Pd flatpak variants to use the same
version of the flatpak, which in turn will significantly lower a cumulative
hard drive footprint for those who wish to have multiple versions installed
alongside.

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Director, Creativity + Innovation
Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology

Virginia Tech
Creative Technologies in Music
School of Performing Arts – 0141
Blacksburg, VA 24061