[L2Ork-dev] Future of Purr Data?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 10:36:19 EST 2021

Hi, you do have a purr data page already up there, and it is "kinda
outdated" like I said, here it is: https://puredata.info/downloads/purr-data

So, what is the problem actually with it? It says

"Unlike "classic" Pd-l2ork, it is cross-platform and runs on Linux, macOS
and Windows."

Now, as I see it, Pd-l2ork is also cross platform, unless you want to refer
to "classic" pd-l2ork as version 1.x, but that's not clear! And I think it
should mention that pd-l2ork is not linux only anymore.

Em ter., 30 de nov. de 2021 às 11:39, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Also, Ico, is that still classic pd-l2ork which you're offering on your
> site? I seem to recall that you now offer your own packages of purr-data
> there, right? Is that basically the same as the upstream package or your
> own version?
>
> Yeah, the whole situation is a little confusing. :)

yeah, it seems things are confusing for you people too :) the information
now is that  pd-l2ork is an independent project from purr-data, so no, it's
not "basically the same".

Which also brings me here to the list to ask about your future plans.
Should we expect further parallel and independent releases from both
projects?

Also, since pd-l2ork now also has 2.x releases, should you still refer to
purr data as pd-l2ork 2.x? Your page in puredata.info does refer to it like
that "Jonathan Wilkes’ Purr Data a.k.a. Pd-l2ork 2.x"

So yeah, it can be very confusing to have now two independent software
developments but being distributed under the same name. I have both
Pd-l2ork latest release and latest purr data here. Both re called
'pd-l2ork' in my applications folder and I can only differentiate between
them by checking the icon.

If further independent development from Purr Data carries on, it'd be good
to sort this out in your official pages, as well as puredata.info and maybe
call the app itself differently that pd-l2ork. But of course, that's all up
to you.

cheers