[L2Ork-dev] Bug that I can't simplify...

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 22:25:42 EDT 2020

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 8:53 PM Mario Sottile - Marionetas Mey
<mariomey at gmail.com> wrote:

>> eval([read [open {/home/mario/pd-externals/moonlib/image.tcl}]]\ngui_post "tried /media/ssd-120gb/videoconfestejo/pd-patch/red.png and succeeded\n");
>>                  ^
>
> What is in /home/mario/pd-externals? If you have Pd Vanilla externals in there they won't work with Purr Data.
>
> Ok, in pd-externals I had some externals that I used to use with Vanilla, before starting using PUrr. But the test I did was with moonlib, that it was another version. It was just a test, I promise I'll never use it again ;)

You can use the moonlib/image which ships with Purr Data to test for
this bug. But if you are using the one from Pd Vanilla, it will cause
problems.

> After further testing this looks like you are indeed mixing vanilla and non-vanilla externals. I am unable to reproduce any of the problems you are experiencing.
>
> As I said above, that mix was because a test of using moonlib library.

When you've hit the bug with ggee/image that you posted in the video,
do you know if /home/mario/pd-externals was in your startup search
path?

You can check this through Edit->Preferences and clicking on the "Startup" tab.

> And, as I told you before, it's difficult to reproduce this bug. Now, it's running ok :shrugs:.

Since the graphic actually gets drawn in the video you provided, that
tells us the Purr Data version of ggee/image is successfully being
loaded.

What I don't know is whether other versions of image could be
interefering with it.

Can you tell me if either of these directories exist on your machine:
* /home/mario/pd-externals/ggee
* /home/mario/pd-externals/moonlib