[L2Ork-dev] how to inteligent patch in Purr Data? (was Re: atomic multi-step undo and pd vanilla)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 23:42:10 EDT 2020

Em sáb., 20 de jun. de 2020 às 22:48, Ivica Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> escreveu:

> Not sure what you mean by "it" "going away? Intelligent patching is still
> here in Purr-Data as it always was ever since it was first implemented.

Then I'm just confused, and please understand and forgive my confusion.

I don't know where the information on how to use it is. And it has to be
different than in Pd Vanilla, as I'm just not getting the same results.
Also, I remember discussions for that in Vanilla, and I pinched ideas from
the recently released Max 8 at the time, and there was some brainstorming
and the designed has also changed. So, to the very least, they might be
different in Vanilla and Purr. Even because, honestly, I'm not getting any
intelligent patching in Purr Data by using things like "shift" and
"control+k" or anything else. So when you said it was there for 1.x, I
thought /assumed it didn't make it to 2.x somehow.

Here's another thing. I said I remember these in Pd-l2ork cause I believe I
saw demo examples on youtube or something. I also remember one example that
I really liked that could encapsulate a patch selection into a subpatch.
But at some point I tried looking for it and never found it again. I think
this was in here: https://www.youtube.com/user/jonwwilkes ??? But if it
was, it's not there anymore... so I thought it went away for some reason.
Am I missing other youtube videos that never went away?

Anyway, since this is all still there, where can I learn how to use it? Is
it documented somewhere in Purr? Not only the so called intelligent
patching, but also that encapsulation trick.

thanks