[L2Ork-dev] atomic multi-step undo and pd vanilla

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sat Jun 20 21:47:55 EDT 2020

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020, 20:35 Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Em sex., 19 de jun. de 2020 às 22:22, Ivica Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> escreveu:
>
>> :-) I was the first to implement intelligent patching with Jonathan's
>> input back in the 1.x branch many years ago and we have had it included
>> since. AFAIK the implementation that IOhannes put together for vanilla is
>> inspired and potentially also based on pd-l2ork's implementation.
>>

> Yeah, I saw that and wonder why it did go away... I was actually one to
> request that in Pd when it had already been removed from purr data, and I
> think IOhannes did it basically from scratch and we discussed what were the
> best possibilities for this.

Not sure what you mean by "it" "going away? Intelligent patching is still
here in Purr-Data as it always was ever since it was first implemented. It
may be helpful to avoid disseminating misinformation, particularly within
the highly opinionated pd community. AFAIK IOhannes borrowed my
implementation that was also inherited by purr-data. See the following
thread posts:

https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2018-06/122790.html
https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2018-06/122796.html

The original commit in pd-l2ork has been present since 2013 (5 years before
it made it into vanilla):

https://github.com/pd-l2ork/pd/commit/7f3006a63c8b5d437958d1635528033ea951f6ea