[L2Ork-dev] 2.11 build for Linux

Joe Linux linux.rouen at free.fr
Tue Jun 9 05:33:49 EDT 2020

Many thanks to the Development Team for releasing Purr Data v.2.11.0, a
great piece of free/libre software for musicians of all kinds.

@aggraef
Successfully updated Purr Data from v.2.10.1 to v.2.11.0 on Linux Mint
19.3 Cinnamon 64-bit (Ubuntu 18.04) using your JGU/OBS repository.
It's so easy, reliable and quick (less than 1 minute including the
download).
Congratulations for delivering to the users such a very helpful and
saving time procedure.
Later on this week, I will do the same under Ubuntu Studio 20.04 LTS
(JGU/OBS) awa under Windows 10 (1909) with your "windows-i386.zip".

@jwilkes
- Good news :) Put -> Object-> [pianoroll] is now effectively putting
this object visible into my patch and its help file is also well
accessible and displayed.
So, I will start playing with it and see what I can get out from it,
even as an "only step sequencer".

- Bad news :( Put -> Object -> [cooled~] "a micro sound editor" has
still the same ghost object issue than in previous releases.
The object is not displayed at all in my patch with of lot of errors in
the console, even if its help file is always accessible (but with a
blank area for the object) if you know where you have put this object
for right clicking on it.

- Some hot open issues among others already reported (@ico have reported
much-much more)
. "Editmode" is not mentioned in the the windows tittle header (unlike
in Pure Data Vanilla).
. "Zoom-Out shortcut" with a French AZERTY keyboard, Ctrl(+)- = Put ->
[Dropdown] = so in fact Ctrl(+)6, which is very dangerous when
French-speaking people are only using your project and are not
programmers. And there is no warning at all that you have been switched
to "Editmode".
I will have a look at the "pd_shortcuts.js" file you have suggested to
see if QWERTY/AZERTY keyboards can be made compatible within the same file.
In the meantime, Ctrl(+)=, Ctrl(+)0 and Ctrl(+)9 are working as expected
(with AZERTY kb).
. With "Editmode" = On, when an object is under either the horizontal or
vertical scrolling bar a click at this place on the bars will
unfortunately select the object-s under them for edition.
This bad behavior is leading to enormous and continuous design errors
(known and unknown or known but much-much later when trying to
understand what is going wrong with my projects.
. "Edit": Copy / Paste / Move (Shift(+)4 direction arrows) / Undo (e.g.
when object-s connected to GOP) / Duplicate are still a nightmare (e.g.
time needed up to few 10th of minutes for Paste or Move and reliability
issues) when doing them with a lot of objects.
See @ico issues for more details.

@All
Question: I'm still searching to find an easy and straight forward way
to simply save onto disk a sub-patch (mainly for big ones) included in a
bigger patch as a separate patch.pd, but not by using Select All, Copy
the entire sub-patch, create a New patch, Paste the sub-patch into it,
Move as necessary and then Save this new patch.pd.
It is not only due to the several operations you have to do but mainly
to the "Edit" issues mentioned above.
Any clever idea for doing this directly from within the concerned sub-patch?

Thanks again,
Best,
*Joseph Gastelais aka **@Joseph <https://git.purrdata.net/Joseph>
<https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/-/issues/574#note_6401> /