[L2Ork-dev] font spec

Coniine Dieu coniinedieu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 19:06:10 EDT 2019

> OTOH I wonder if it would be adequate to just count full-width
> characters as two characters in Pd.

That's not gonna make the situation any better. Very few fonts have a
strict 2:1 ratio for non-Western vs Western characters, among them Sarasa
Mono (https://github.com/be5invis/Sarasa-Gothic) and Source Han Sans (
https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-han-sans). I don't know any other;
I'm also unsure of the licensing of these fonts, all I know is they are
open-source and free for personal use. As for the DejaVu:OtherFont ratio,
that is unpredictable.

An irrelevant question: how does this mailing list handle line breaks? Is
there a max value of how much characters per line? I often see your text
start a new line half-way. I wonder if my mail will appear like that too.