[L2Ork-dev] Purr Data 2.6.0

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 03:48:54 EDT 2018

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 3:00 AM Jonathan Wilkes <jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> CFLAGS="-DPD_FLOATSIZE=64" make light
>
> I'm not sure how it would override anything it shouldn't.

Well, CFLAGS is set up in meticulous detail in externals/Makefile, but
looking at the build logs I'm still not seeing a CFLAGS="-DPD_FLOATSIZE=64"
in the environment being picked up *anywhere* by the externals during a
regular build. Presumably that's because in tar_em_up.sh, we're running
`make install` right away without doing a `make` first, and the install
targets in externals/Makefile don't pass on CFLAGS to submakes anyway.

So probably you're right and all the fancy setup of CFLAGS in
externals/Makefile isn't really needed. That's actually good news because
it means that we can just get rid of that stuff without overriding anything
of vital importance. But I still need to figure out a way to actually pass
the -DPD_FLOATSIZE=64 there, because just having the CFLAGS setting in the
environment clearly doesn't do it in a regular build. Hopefully just having
the install target in externals/Makefile depend on the all target is going
to do the trick.

TL;DR: I'm working on it. Might take a while. ;-)

Anyway, it certainly wasn't part of the GSoC project to spend any time
> dealing with Gem.

Ok, that's good to know, thanks. To clarify, it wasn't my intention to
suggest that we should put any effort into that, I just wanted to know what
the current status is. So if it's not compiling OOTB with -DPD_FLOATSIZE=64
then we'll just put it on the blacklist for double builds for now.

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com