[L2Ork-dev] request for mentorship: comment parsing

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Fri May 4 11:21:42 EDT 2018

>If I understood this correctly, this doesn't affect the patch format, is that right?

It does not affect the patch format. But it would display a big list
of floats in Pd Vanilla, however.

The problem is that by the time a patch file is tokenized, the
relevant comment data is already lost. So to make
a Vanilla-compatible mechanism we'd either have to add an extra
tokenizing/parsing step, or reserve some
byte as a sentinel to trigger a special branch in binbuf_text.

Unless there's some other option I haven't thought of.