[L2Ork-dev] GSoC18 project proposal: Change purr-data to double precision floating points

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:55:26 EDT 2018

Hi Pranay,

I had some time to take a look. Here are just a few small notes:

1. While I suggested "critical" as a category, it seems awkward to
have the other category named "uncritical." Perhaps a better category
would be "priority libraries" for critical libraries, and just "other libraries"
for the other category.

2. Did you have a reason for starting week 1 of "core" with pd/extra?
While that's a less disruptive place to start than pd/src, you won't be
able to test double-precision pd/extra changes until the the core
interface is changed to accommodate double-precision t_float.

3. Google Docs underlined a few stray typos for you.

I think your development schedule makes a lot of sense.

Great job-- you've obviously put some work into this.

Let us know if you have any more questions before the
deadline.

-Jonathan