[L2Ork-dev] Unifying GUI toolkit versions

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 05:23:58 EDT 2018

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 9:26 AM, Marco Donnarumma <lists at marcodonnarumma.com>
wrote:

> I generally get 5 people out of 10 running either old windozOS or old
> MacOS,

That's a fairly high rate, but depends on what you call "old". How many of
those 5 are still running Windows XP?

As far as I can tell from the nw.js website, the legacy nw.js version is
technically only required on Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6, and we don't
officially support anything old er than OS X 10.8 anyway. Jonathan, do you
recall why the OS X 10.8 build still uses the older nw.js? Might the latest
nw.js also work there?

In any case the Windows XP users will be left out in the cold, that's true.
But they still have the option to run an older Purr Data version (2.5.0 or
earlier). Just like they probably have to do with many other pieces of
software these days.

That said, I understand your viewpoint, and indeed, makes sense! :)

Ok, so we all agree, that's nice. :)

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com