[L2Ork-dev] custom GUI

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Thu Oct 19 21:44:12 UTC 2017

Le 19/10/2017 à 21:51, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :

>> the one I've submitted to pdlist that is about drawing a preview of gem
>
> That sounds interesting.
>
> So where does the data originate?

With draw or if I use ggee/image the data would come from the output of
[pix_write]

but if I want to display on the fly I use pix_snap and pix_dump for an
animation file, or pix_dump only for a texture file.

> Of course, you could also just create an HTML5 canvas on a patch and
>
> fill it with webgl content. :)

I'd be glad to be able to do this, the same thing should be possible to
do with the Gem multiple windows options, but I'm not sure I'd try last
Gem yet on my windows machine and that would imply the writing of all
the bindings for drawing the interface in gemwin...

>> It would be great if the image data could be stored/retrieved in/from
>> datastructure, but I don't know yet how to do this.
> How would the data be stored?

Since it's a preview image for making a shortcut, it doesn't need many
pixels, so the RGB values from pix_dump are converted to a message that
would generate the image on the interface, stored into a datastructure
through a text object. That's not very fast compared to a process using
hardware acceleration but works smoothly with 64x64 images.