[L2Ork-dev] info about fliud~

pat pagano shreeswifty at gmail.com
Thu May 25 17:38:13 UTC 2017

Thank you Albert
It appears Johnathan Wilkes did the work on it so i was hoping if he saw
this he might have some insight
I think the biggest issue with it seems to be that i am getting endless
sustain and at some point usually fluid~ stops responding and there is no
way to load/unload an .sf2 once you are in a pd patch which is a little
curious
I have a ton of old .sf2 files which sound quite nice so i am hopeful this
old gem survives

thanks for the info though i will peruse the wiki

cheers~

Patrick

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 12:39 AM, pat pagano <shreeswifty at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> i am working on getting fluid~ working on the Organelle and i was
>> wondering if someone has the MIDI specs for what works.
>

> AFAICT, fluid~ (at least the version that's included in Purr Data)
> understands the following messages:
>
> note c n v
> control c n v
> prog c n
> bend c v
>
> (c = MIDI channel, n = note/control/program number, v = velocity/control
> value; the pitch bend value is 14 bit signed IIRC)
>
> AFAICT fluid~ doesn't support channel pressure, poly-touch or sysex right
> now, although fluidsynth does support some of these (it can be tuned via
> MTS, for instance). As for which controllers are supported, you can refer
> to the chart at https://sourceforge.net/p/fluidsynth/wiki/FluidFeatures/.
> (Not sure how complete and up-to-date that is, though. The chart doesn't
> mention MTS octave-based tunings, even though I know for sure that it's
> supported in some versions at least.)
>
> HTH,
> Albert
>
> --
> Dr. Albert Gr"af
> Computer Music Research Group, JGU Mainz, Germany
> Email:  aggraef at gmail.com
> WWW:    https://plus.google.com/+AlbertGraef

*Patrick Pagano  B.S, M.F.A*
Assistant Professor in Residence