[L2Ork-dev] info about fliud~

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Wed May 24 18:18:12 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 12:39 AM, pat pagano <shreeswifty at gmail.com> wrote:

> i am working on getting fluid~ working on the Organelle and i was
> wondering if someone has the MIDI specs for what works.

AFAICT, fluid~ (at least the version that's included in Purr Data)
understands the following messages:

note c n v
control c n v
prog c n
bend c v

(c = MIDI channel, n = note/control/program number, v = velocity/control
value; the pitch bend value is 14 bit signed IIRC)

AFAICT fluid~ doesn't support channel pressure, poly-touch or sysex right
now, although fluidsynth does support some of these (it can be tuned via
MTS, for instance). As for which controllers are supported, you can refer
to the chart at https://sourceforge.net/p/fluidsynth/wiki/FluidFeatures/.
(Not sure how complete and up-to-date that is, though. The chart doesn't
mention MTS octave-based tunings, even though I know for sure that it's
supported in some versions at least.)

HTH,

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com