[L2Ork-dev] A plea for full double precision support out of the box in Purr data

Yoann Le BORGNE yoann.le.borgne at free.fr
Sun Aug 20 12:44:20 UTC 2017

Hi!

Thanks for this information, these are great news to read!

I'm aware of the difficulty of such a task, specially regarding
externals. A good thing might be that Pd is already, at least
experimentally, compilable with double precision, as I found out in its
src/makefile.gnu. I managed to run it this way and did some basic maths.
Calculations seems to be done correctly but their display is still
truncated scientifically. And I had to use the internal FFT library
instead of FFT3W or it couldn't compile. But at least it is not a
start-from-a-blank-page task :).

Unfortunately, I consider myself a junior JAVA dev so I can't help much
on Purr data/Pd code for the now but I'm willing to help in any way if
possible!

Yoann