[L2Ork-dev] New Pd-L2Ork release

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 22:06:53 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

> I seem to recall that taking place in one of the scripts as it was not
> included by default. grep may shed some light onto that. I am surprised,
> however, that it does not work via autobuild [...]

Yeah, found it, it's in the linux_make 'deb' target. There's a bunch of
extra staging being done there (linux_make/Makefile:90-156). None of that
will be done when creating a tarball package with './tar_em_up.sh -F',
which is basically what I'm doing in my packaging scripts. (Note that I
can't use the 'make deb' part because in the end it runs dpkg-deb which is
of no use with debuild, and doesn't work on Arch at all).

So what I need to do right now basically is to replicate the staging that's
being done at the beginning 'make deb'. Which isn't really a problem (I've
been doing that all along), but of course I need to keep that in sync with
your 'make deb' target. As a case in point, it seems that the arduino
folder was added recently to 'make deb' and I haven't picked that up yet. I
can (and will) fix that, of course.

But, in order to make things easier for 3rd party package maintainers like
me, maybe the beginning of 'make deb' could be moved into the linux_make
'make install'? I wonder why this isn't the case to begin with. Is there a
good reason to keep all that extra stuff in the "Burrito Supreme" Debian
package out of the tarball package?

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com