[L2Ork-dev] compiling on Ubuntu 14.04

Husk 00 husk00 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 18:57:13 UTC 2015

On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 8:47 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

> So, I just checked on my Ubuntu 14.04 install, and my tclConfig.sh is in
> /usr/lib/. It belongs to tcl-dev package and that's the one tkpath finds
> when I run ./configure script. Perhaps you need that one as well? So, try:
>
> sudo apt-get install tk-dev tcl-dev
>
> And then try again and please report.

aptitude tell me to install 8.6 packages:
  tcl8.6-dev tk8.6-dev
Suggested packages:
  tcl-doc tcl8.6-doc tk-doc tk8.6-doc
  tcl-dev tcl8.6-dev tk-dev tk8.6-dev
0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 297 not upgraded

> Either way, something seems to be broken with your tcl-dev packages.

I think you are right. I can try to purge all tcl/tk related packages and
try to reinstall
There is an easy way to add the flag --with-tcl and --with-tk to the
tar_em_up script?

best
husk

> HTH
>
> Best,
>
> Ico
>
> Since yours is in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/tcl8.5/tclConfig.sh
>
> On 9/26/2015 5:22 PM, Husk 00 wrote:
>
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Ivica Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> To build a deb you need the -B flag, not -F. Type ./tar_em_up.sh by
>> itself for a more detailed info on what each flag means. You likely have
>> another problem of missing certain libraries that are necessary to build
>> pd-l2ork. Did you install all the supporting libraries as instructed on the
>> software page?
>>

> After trying to install all the libraries seems that I was missing the
> following packages:
> gir1.2-gtk-2.0 gtk2-engines-pixbuf libgail-common libgail18 libgtk2.0-0
> libgtk2.0-0:i386 libgtk2.0-bin
>

> Unfortunately  the result of the build script doesn't change after
> installation.
>
> With ./tar_em_uo -B (without adding "mkdir -p ../../package/linux_make/
> build$inst_dir/lib/pd-l2ork/extra/ ") I got the same error as pointed in
> my previous mail.
> By adding the "mkdir" line I got over all the creation deb project and a
> deb package is actually created. But still it miss a lot of stuff (pd-l2ork
> binary and so on) and just some of the file is packaged.
> Here a copy of the deb file packaged with your script in order to have a
> better idea of the result on my machine.
> http://estereotips.net/release/pd-l2ork-x86_64-20150926.deb
>
> thanks you for your attention
>
> husk

> Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
> Associate Professor
> Computer Music
> ICAT Senior Fellow
> Director -- DISIS, L2Ork
> Virginia Tech
> School of Performing Arts – 0141
> Blacksburg, VA 24061
> (540) 231-6139ico at vt.eduwww.performingarts.vt.edudisis.icat.vt.edul2ork.icat.vt.eduico.bukvic.net

Nothing is mine but every thing belong to me
www.estereotips.net