[L2Ork-dev] compiling on Ubuntu 14.04

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Mon Sep 28 20:15:03 UTC 2015

On Sep 27, 2015 1:57 PM, "Husk 00" <husk00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 8:47 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>>
>> So, I just checked on my Ubuntu 14.04 install, and my tclConfig.sh is in
/usr/lib/. It belongs to tcl-dev package and that's the one tkpath finds
when I run ./configure script. Perhaps you need that one as well? So, try:

>> sudo apt-get install tk-dev tcl-dev
>>
>> And then try again and please report.
>>

> aptitude tell me to install 8.6 packages:
>   tcl8.6-dev tk8.6-dev
> Suggested packages:
>   tcl-doc tcl8.6-doc tk-doc tk8.6-doc
>   tcl-dev tcl8.6-dev tk-dev tk8.6-dev
> 0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 297 not upgraded

Go ahead and install them and then report if it works. It seems that
TCL-dev is indeed a part of the 8.6 which should be ok.

>> Either way, something seems to be broken with your tcl-dev packages.
>

> I think you are right. I can try to purge all tcl/tk related packages and
try to reinstall
> There is an easy way to add the flag --with-tcl and --with-tk to the
tar_em_up script?

I don't think you need to purge them. On my machine I have both 8.5 and 8.6
installed. As for adding flags, you would need to edit pd-l2ork makefile
which is somewhere either in gitroot/pd or gitroot/pd/src folder. HTH

> best
> husk
>

>> HTH
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Ico
>>
>> Since yours is in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/tcl8.5/tclConfig.sh

itself for a more detailed info on what each flag means. You likely have
another problem of missing certain libraries that are necessary to build
pd-l2ork. Did you install all the supporting libraries as instructed on the
software page?

>>> After trying to install all the libraries seems that I was missing the
following packages:
>>> gir1.2-gtk-2.0 gtk2-engines-pixbuf libgail-common libgail18 libgtk2.0-0
>>> libgtk2.0-0:i386 libgtk2.0-bin
>>>

>>> Unfortunately  the result of the build script doesn't change after
installation.

>>> With ./tar_em_uo -B (without adding "mkdir -p
../../package/linux_make/build$inst_dir/lib/pd-l2ork/extra/ ") I got the
same error as pointed in my previous mail.
>>> By adding the "mkdir" line I got over all the creation deb project and
a deb package is actually created. But still it miss a lot of stuff
(pd-l2ork binary and so on) and just some of the file is packaged.
>>> Here a copy of the deb file packaged with your script in order to have
a better idea of the result on my machine.