[L2Ork-dev] Possible bug with [envgen]

Gilberto Agostinho gilbertohasnofb at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 2 18:58:26 UTC 2015

Hi Ico,

I was missing a couple of packages indeed, but I finally managed to
compile a .deb file and install it. I think everything should be up to
date now. Basically, I just run the deb installer without removing the
previous version (I hope that is the correct way of proceeding) and when
I click Help then About, I see now "Pd-l2ork version 20150202" which
should indicate that everything is working fine, am I right? Also, the
text pasting problem while having an object selected is indeed solved,
so that makes me think that the installation went well.

That said, I am still having some issues about what we have been
speaking lately, all of which I said I would test when I manage to
compile the newest version from git (I will list them briefly here, as I
don't know if you prefer a single e-mail for each issue or not - let me
know how to proceed to make life easier, ok?)

- the problem with that sample patch of mine containing [envgen] still
exists. As a matter of fact, I have written incorrect instructions on
how to reproduce the bug: you need to actually cut and _not_ paste while
selecting [envgen]: that is, Ctrl+X and NOT Ctrl+V. When I do it, after
a couple of seconds pd will crash and then I get "Segmentation fault" in
the terminal
- also, simply closing the patch mentioned above by clicking in the
close icon of its window will also crash Pd-l2Ork, and I suspect both
crashes are related
- the filters situation ([hip~] and [bp~]) seems to have remained
unchanged - what should I expect different from them? I don't see any
changes at all: neither go beyond 12 kHz and [hip~] still seem to have
the amplitude problem (it amplifies parts of the spectrum which should
remain unchanged)
- [image] does NOT let clicks go through it (so a bang behind an image
cannot be clicked), contrary to what I expected after this discussion
here: https://github.com/pd-l2ork/pd/issues/9

Let me know if you need any further information about these problems,
and also if I should open individual issue tickets on gitHub or organize
them in separate e-mails.

Take care and thanks really a lot for all the efforts!
Gilberto