[L2Ork-dev] Possible bug with [envgen]

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed Feb 4 16:54:49 UTC 2015

Thank you for the report. Please see my comments below.

On 02/02/2015 01:58 PM, Gilberto Agostinho wrote:
> Hi Ico,
>
> I was missing a couple of packages indeed, but I finally managed to
> compile a .deb file and install it. I think everything should be up to
> date now. Basically, I just run the deb installer without removing the
> previous version (I hope that is the correct way of proceeding) and
> when I click Help then About, I see now "Pd-l2ork version 20150202"
> which should indicate that everything is working

Mostly. In select cases a deb could be still created while missing some
3rd party externals. To make sure your deb is ok you also want to make
sure the deb file roughly a bit above 30MB.

> fine, am I right? Also, the text pasting problem while having an
> object selected is indeed solved, so that makes me think that the
> installation went well.

Good to hear.

> That said, I am still having some issues about what we have been
> speaking lately, all of which I said I would test when I manage to
> compile the newest version from git (I will list them briefly here, as
> I don't know if you prefer a single e-mail for each issue or not - let
> me know how to proceed to make life easier, ok?)
>
> - the problem with that sample patch of mine containing [envgen] still
> exists. As a matter of fact, I have written incorrect instructions on
> how to reproduce the bug: you need to actually cut and _not_ paste
> while selecting [envgen]: that is, Ctrl+X and NOT Ctrl+V. When I do
> it, after a couple of seconds pd will crash and then I get
> "Segmentation fault" in the terminal
> - also, simply closing the patch mentioned above by clicking in the
> close icon of its window will also crash Pd-l2Ork, and I suspect both
> crashes are related

This has been fixed in the latest git commit by updating envgen source
to the latest snapshot.

> - the filters situation ([hip~] and [bp~]) seems to have remained
> unchanged - what should I expect different from them? I don't see any
> changes at all: neither go beyond 12 kHz and [hip~] still seem to have
> the amplitude problem (it amplifies parts of the spectrum which should
> remain unchanged)

This is an upstream problem that needs to be discussed with Miller.

> - [image] does NOT let clicks go through it (so a bang behind an image
> cannot be clicked), contrary to what I expected after this discussion
> here: https://github.com/pd-l2ork/pd/issues/9

pd-l2ork's image is quite different from ggee image. The best thing is
to open image-help.pd (attached with slight modifications to show that
click indeed does pass through it) and see how it behaves. Namely, by
default its click value is off which should also let the clicks pass
below. HTH

> Let me know if you need any further information about these problems,
> and also if I should open individual issue tickets on gitHub or
> organize them in separate e-mails.

This is totally fine for the time being.

> Take care and thanks really a lot for all the efforts!

You're very welcome.

> Gilberto

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor