[L2Ork-dev] $0 weirdness

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sun Dec 6 16:14:18 UTC 2015

OK,

To get a better idea what I am doing here, is # only used at the
beginning of a string (e.g. #0-something or #1), or can it be used
anywhere (e.g. boo-#0 or blah#2boo)? Also, should it be escaped only if
it is followed by a number? (e.g. #0 should be escaped, whereas # or
#abc should not).

If you can provide some clarification what are traditional uses of this,
perhaps I can put in some filtering to figure out how we can hopefully
address both scenarios.

Finally, why do we even have #0 when one can simply write $0?