[L2Ork-dev] $0 weirdness

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sun Dec 6 05:03:38 UTC 2015

Albert,

Sorry it took me a while to respond--been busy with the OPERAcraft
production. I hear what you're saying but there is no easy or graceful
way to fix this without getting into ugly string resizing business which
can be rather messy. Even then, we'd be breaking backwards compatibility
since any kind of escaping (e.g. \# or similar) would not render
properly on older pd. I agree this would still be better. I, however,
wonder if I shouldn't simply introduce a -legacy flag and add this and
iemgui position to a list of modifications that break backwards
compatibility in favor of progress. This would be considerably easier to
maintain.

Regarding supporting other platforms, Jonathan has been making major
progress on making the new node-webkit gui version build on OSX as well
as on Linux, so there may be more options soon.

All,

Please let me know what are your thoughts on the aforesaid proposed
course of action.