[L2Ork-dev] compiling pd-l2Ork from source

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 13:25:08 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 4:04 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

> Many thanks for this, Albert. Do we also need to disable moving or move
> the final deb file that is built into a specific folder? By default
> tar_em_up.sh moves it into the one level above the root git folder (e.g. if
> your git checkout is in ~/blah, the final deb will be placed in the ~/
> folder).

The binary deb can't be used for a Debian source package anyway. I use
tar_em_up.sh with the -F option as a way to build everything and put the
install tree into the packages/linux_make/build, from where I can move it
into the proper Debian staging directory. So I don't actually use the
created tarball either.

But you're right, moving the tarball one level above the source directory
might create issues on Launchpad. It would be nice to have an option to
have tar_em_up.sh just populate packages/linux_make/build with everything
that goes into the package, without actually building the deb package or
tarball. Or at least disable the final step where the package gets moved
out of the source directory.

However, I think that I can figure this out on my own. The relevant part of
the tar_em_up.sh script are the lines following the `# finish install`
comment, right? So I just need an option which does a full build as usual
and then just disables the final steps from there.

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com