[L2Ork-dev] compiling pd-l2Ork from source

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed Nov 12 13:40:39 UTC 2014

The final deb building is embedded in the line where we pass it install
prefix which invokes one of the makefiles inside the packages sub-folder.
This means that you will probably have to export a variable just like I do
for the incremental building of the gem library ( building of gem in
incremental builds is ignored because it takes so long). So, what I do is
in the tar_em_up script I export a variable when incremental option is
selected and then check for that variable inside of the Makefile located in
the externals folder. We could amend the Makefile that does the building of
the Deb package which is located in packages subfolder (either packages or
packages/linux_make, can't remember which), and then check for the newly
exported variable when using the proposed - L flag for launchpad and skip
building of the Deb as well as moving of the file into a different folder.
Please note that moving of the final deb file is IIRC performed at the end
of tar_em_up script. HTH