[L2Ork-dev] compiling pd-l2Ork from source

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed Nov 12 03:04:51 UTC 2014

On 11/11/2014 05:14 PM, Albert Graef wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com
> <mailto:aggraef at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Yes, but I'll have to rework that script so that it can use a
>     static snapshot of Gem instead. Basically, the Debian source
>     package must be self-contained, pulling sources from the Internet
>     doesn't work on Launchpad.
>

> Ico, here's a minimal changeset which lets me run the tar_em_up.sh
> script from a static snapshot of the git sources. It simply tests
> whether it's being run from a git repo and bypasses all the git
> submodule magic if it isn't. Could this please be committed?
>
> This should be all that's needed for building a proper Debian source
> package which can be uploaded to Launchpad. I've basically got this
> working now, but I'm still testing and fiddling with the Debian files.
> Will post the necessary debuild stuff as soon as the package builds ok
> on the Launchpad servers.

Many thanks for this, Albert. Do we also need to disable moving or move
the final deb file that is built into a specific folder? By default
tar_em_up.sh moves it into the one level above the root git folder (e.g.
if your git checkout is in ~/blah, the final deb will be placed in the
~/ folder).

Please advise.

> Dr. Albert Gr"af
> Computer Music Research Group, JGU Mainz, Germany
> Email: aggraef at gmail.com <mailto:aggraef at gmail.com>
> WWW: https://plus.google.com/+AlbertGraef

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor