[L2Ork-dev] compiling pd-l2Ork from source

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed Nov 12 02:29:13 UTC 2014

This is fantastic progress, Albert! Thank you very much for doing this.

Please note that at the end of the build process, pd-l2ork deb is moved
a folder up from the root of the package directory. Is this going to be
a problem for the automated script? If so, perhaps we should have a
special flag (e.g. -L for launchpad) that assumes:

1) there is no need for Gem and other libraries (e.g. flext) to be
pulled from their svn
2) built package does not need to be moved anywhere (or needs to be
moved to a specific folder as specified by launchpad--sorry I am
complete noob when it comes to launchpad, so I could really use your
help on this one)
3) anything else?

On 11/11/2014 5:14 PM, Albert Graef wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com
> <mailto:aggraef at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Yes, but I'll have to rework that script so that it can use a
>     static snapshot of Gem instead. Basically, the Debian source
>     package must be self-contained, pulling sources from the Internet
>     doesn't work on Launchpad.
>

> Ico, here's a minimal changeset which lets me run the tar_em_up.sh
> script from a static snapshot of the git sources. It simply tests
> whether it's being run from a git repo and bypasses all the git
> submodule magic if it isn't. Could this please be committed?
>
> This should be all that's needed for building a proper Debian source
> package which can be uploaded to Launchpad. I've basically got this
> working now, but I'm still testing and fiddling with the Debian files.
> Will post the necessary debuild stuff as soon as the package builds ok
> on the Launchpad servers.
>
> --
> Dr. Albert Gr"af
> Computer Music Research Group, JGU Mainz, Germany
> Email: aggraef at gmail.com <mailto:aggraef at gmail.com>
> WWW: https://plus.google.com/+AlbertGraef

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor