[L2Ork-dev] Big patch takes forever to load

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Oct 18 20:45:51 UTC 2013

Andras,

I haven’t forgotten about your request—it is still on my TODO list. It is
just that here at Virginia Tech we’re less than 2 weeks away from a grand
opening of a new $100M building that will house (among other things)
Institute I am heavily involved in. As a result, I’ve been rather busy with
other things. Rest assured, I will try to look into this asap. In the
meantime, what would be very helpful is if you would please generate a list
of all objects in the patch so that we can possibly narrow down where the
problem stems from. What you’ve started doing (removing tof and mixed
objects) is a great start. I have a nagging suspicion something in that
patch trips up the GUI and sends an illegal command that makes GUI
unresponsive. Finding out what that is will greatly help in identifying the
solution. I would go as far as renaming the extra/ folder and seeing if that
fixes things. If it does, then it is definitely one of the 3rd party
externals.

Once latter part of November rolls around, I should have a bit more time to
look into this. Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Ico