[L2Ork-dev] Delayed pd_unbind

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 11:51:42 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 3:58 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
> Sorry, one follow-up question. In your example the "bar" is deleted
> internally inside the pure object, correct?

Yes. The troubles I had arose when an object gets called through some
receiver x and then unbinds a receiver y != x, through a direct call
to pd_unbind. That's what I was trying to explain all along. ;-)

> I guess this is also
> possible with iemgui objects but even there it will require a separate
> message routed back to the object. Is this correct?

I wouldn't say that it is safe to assume this. It may be somewhat
unusual that an object directly modifies a receiver y in response to a
message received via receiver x, but it's certainly useful is some
situations. So I can imagine that this isn't only relevant for
pd-faust. I haven't reviewed the IEM sources, though, so that I cannot
say which objects in iemlib or other libraries might be doing similar
things.

Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  aggraef at gmail.com