[L2Ork-dev] Delayed pd_unbind

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Mon Nov 18 02:58:44 UTC 2013

On 11/17/2013 09:52 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification, Albert! There is now a new release
> (20131117) with a bunch of little fixes (including yours), as well as
> an expanded version of the K12 module.
>
> I would really like to tackle this next. Any chance we could do a
> Skype session to discuss this as to how we would like to proceed? I
> particularly like your last suggestion, to see if we can harden
> bindlist navigating logic and see if that can be the place for a
> better implementation/solution.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Ico

Sorry, one follow-up question. In your example the "bar" is deleted
internally inside the pure object, correct? If so, this is truly a
unique case since in every other case passing a message to another
object to change its receiver will invoke a separate bindlist_* call
which will do its own clean-up. So, in other words, this is something
that will affect only objects that internally mess with its own setup. I
guess this is also possible with iemgui objects but even there it will
require a separate message routed back to the object. Is this correct?

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology