[L2Ork-dev] upcoming: 2.14.1

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 10:54:09 EDT 2020

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 10:49 AM Jonathan Wilkes <jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Tab could be also used in run mode for some activity (as it is in L2Ork
> Tweeter, for instance) and hijacking it would interrupt the interaction
> flow.
>
> There's a huge usability boon to allowing the user to change focus
> using tab in runmode, just as there is in a browser when filling out a
> form. We need a simple way to allow the user to do this so that, for
> example, they can traverse a column of gatoms to quickly update many
> different values. That's been a recurring feature request in Vanilla,
> and users go to a lot of trouble hacking the GUI->Pd system in order
> to simulate it.

Just to give an idea of how critical this is-- there's some weird
arraylistview dialog
in Vanilla that is terribly designed and almost impossible to use.
E.g., when you
highlight a value in the column of inputs, the value disappears! Yet
when I asked
on the list about removing it in Purr Data, people complained because
it was the
*best* way they could quickly enter a bunch of values for an array
with the keyboard.
This is because tk by default allowed tab focus among those inputs.