[L2Ork-dev] upcoming: 2.14.1

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 10:49:54 EDT 2020

> Tab could be also used in run mode for some activity (as it is in L2Ork
Tweeter, for instance) and hijacking it would interrupt the interaction
flow.

There's a huge usability boon to allowing the user to change focus
using tab in runmode, just as there is in a browser when filling out a
form. We need a simple way to allow the user to do this so that, for
example, they can traverse a column of gatoms to quickly update many
different values. That's been a recurring feature request in Vanilla,
and users go to a lot of trouble hacking the GUI->Pd system in order
to simulate it.

We could just add a "tabfocus" method to glists. When it's on tab can
be used to traverse focus of gui elements with the keyboard. I'd argue
to have it on by default.