[L2Ork-dev] compatibility issues between pd-l2ork and pd-vanilla

Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Jun 20 10:38:07 EDT 2023

Hi Xavier,

This may be because Pd vanilla has an inconsistent way of positioning
iemgui objects. Namely, sometimes they are drawn up to 2-3 pixels off of
their (0,0) origin. This causes problems with auto patching (among other
issues). One way you can minimize problems is by enabling the -legacy flag.
Just start the program from the command line (or adjust its shortcut) by
typing "pd-l2ork -legacy" (without the quotes).

This should reposition all iemgui objects to how the vanilla looks. Please
note if you have edited the patch using non-legacy options and repositioned
objects, reenabling -legacy will move those objects in a way that may make
them look out of place. In other words, if you want to keep vanilla
compatibility with iemgui object positions, make sure to edit the patch
with the -legacy flag enabled.

BTW, on the screenshots, is the left one pd and right one pd-l2ork (the
right one looks correct) since the consoles behind them suggest that? Or is
it the other way around?

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Director, Creativity + Innovation
Director, Human-Centered Design iPhD
Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology

Virginia Tech
Creative Technologies in Music
School of Performing Arts – 0141
Blacksburg, VA 24061