[L2Ork-dev] compatibility issues between pd-l2ork and pd-vanilla

xavier manzanares freequencies at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 08:38:32 EDT 2023

Hi everyone,

I have a question related to the compatibility between pd-l2ork and pd.
I am teaching at university (Barcelona context), different courses related
with generative/algorythmic music and therefore i'd need to have my pd
toolkits* as stable as possible, also in order to fit several OSs.

*You can see both examples here :
https://github.com/xamanza/GNRTV.CELLS
https://github.com/xamanza/GNRTV.BOTS

As far as i know, when you program in pd-l2ork, (that frankly is a much
improved way to program in Pd due to the js Gui implementation), and then
you open it in Pd vanilla, the patch is partially distroyed. I attach a
screenshot with an example of the same patch opened both in pd-l2ork and
pd-vanilla.
Questions here appear :
Why this happens?
Is there a method or trick to avoid it and get always a robust
compatibility?

The reason i want the most compatibility as possible, responses to several
years of developing with this language, related to research & academic
issues, but also in the High potential of Pd in embed systems (Raspberry
stand alone musical applications), audio engines for game design (libpd &
unity etc), and other newmedia projects or even in the modular synths
constellation (like programmable modular synths such as Befaco's Lich or
Witch).

Any answer of those questions will be useful )
Thanks
Xavi Manzanares

///////////////
details of the screenshot :
OS : Linux Mint 21.1**
Pd version 0.52.1
Pd-l2ork-2.16.0 20230415-rev.dc26e65f

**note i detected the problem described before, not only in linux, but in
MacOS (mac Intel) and Windows.

[image: SamePatchwithVanillaandL2ork.png]

--
Xavier Manzanares
[0034] 659 243 481