[L2Ork-dev] Rename Purr Data to... Purr Data? (was: Future of Purr Data?)

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 17:08:09 EST 2023

Hi Ico,

On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 9:03 PM Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

> Thanks, Albert. Is fixing the portaudio issue on M1/M2 simply a matter of
> updating homebrew portaudio package to the latest version, or?

I don't think that the pd source uses the portaudio from homebrew at all,
as it comes with its own bundled portaudio source in pd/portaudio which
gets compiled during the pd build. So that's what I replaced with the
official Portaudio 19.7.0 source, along with a little change in pd/src/
configure.ac to make the source compile again. You can find that here:

https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/-/merge_requests/842/diffs?commit_id=ae46a58a
https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/-/merge_requests/842/diffs?commit_id=f4a414ad

That should hopefully do the trick, but note that this was just a small
part of MR 842:
https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/-/merge_requests/842

So there might be other changes in there which also had an impact on this.
But it is worth a try.

Email: aggraef at gmail.com, web: https://agraef.github.io/