[L2Ork-dev] Introduction for GSOC 22 and more...

Dhruvit Salat salatd0852 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 11:41:41 EDT 2022

“Greetings, My name is Dhruvit Salat, a second-year computer science
undergrad and I am new to open source and I see that purr data is gearing
up for GSoC this year. I produce music as a hobby and I found it exciting
that purr-data is used to create music. I am excited and curious to see how
real time DSP works and that's why I would love to become an active
contributor, with this program as my first step. Since I haven’t worked
with purr-data before, I would like to get started with some simple
contributions. I read the getting started guide and here are my doubts …”

Under Contributor Guide I found some tasks and I'd like to work on

   -   Adding support for double precision to the external libraries that
   ship with purr-data

I'm Familiar with Data Types in C and So can you guide me how can I do this
task as I'm new to Gitlab and this Community.

Now about GSOC, I had a look at the ideas page, and the projects that
intrigues me are...

   - "Profile Purr Data CPU Usage in Real Time"

I know how CPU hungry these DSP objects are and the part where you can't
identify which one is using the CPU is most frustrating. As I know how
annoying it is, so I'll be working with my heart to solve it, and I'm also
familiar with the tech stack required for this project.

   - Data Over Audio Messaging

I like the idea of using already connected mics and speakers to pass data
messages between two instances. So If I get to work it will be my pleasure.

I really appreciate the efforts purr-data has put to allow both
artists and programmers alike to develop, tweak and implement their
thoughts into actions. I am looking forward to being a valuable
contributor to the organisation. Hoping to hear from you soon.

<#m_-1156502107157383028_m_-1937300464416124135_goal>