[L2Ork-dev] [fluid~] in Pure Data vs. Purr Data under Windows 10

Linux ROUEN Normandie linux.rouen at free.fr
Tue Dec 20 11:15:14 EST 2022

Hello Purr Data / Pure Data Experts,

The [fluid~] object is a very nice piece of cake for MIDI users. I love
it! It's a very useful embedded alternative to Qsynth.
I'm using it in Legacy mode in Purr Data v.2.17.0 dated 2022.08.16 under
both GNU/Linux and Windows 10.

Now I want to use it with Pure Data Vanilla too.
As it's not available through Deken, I copied the whole Fluid~ folder
(from Purr Data / the appropriate GNU/Linux or Windows folder).
It's working in Pd Vanilla v.0.52.1/v.0.53.0 under several GNU/Linux
distributions, BUT NOT at all in Pd Vanilla v.0.52.1/v.0.53.0 under
Windows 10.

Wherever I put the Fluid~ folder under Windows with the right path
setup/declaration in Pd, I'm always getting such kind of error (module
not found):
" " " " "
C:\Program Files\Pd\extra\fluid~\fluid~.dll: Le module spécifié est
introuvable.
  (126)
fluid~
... couldn't create
" " " " "
When it's there: C:\Program Files\Pd\extra\fluid~\fluid~.dll !

Any idea what could be - what I'm missing?
Files dependency (I have tried to add libfluidsynth-3.dll and SDL2.dll
in C:\Program Files\Pd\bin, but not better), Path declaration in Pd,
Entry in Windows Registry, Others ?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Best,
Joseph Gastelais
Linux Rouen Normandie <https://www.linuxrouen.fr/wp/>