[L2Ork-dev] GSOC - Audio Plugins

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 10:04:41 EDT 2021

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 5:36 AM Gabriela Bittencourt
<gabrielabittencourt00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> My name is Gabriela and I'm super interested in an old proposal of Purr
> data for GSOC, the Interaction with Audio Plugins. Is the proposal still
> up?
>
> I've found a lot from vst and ladspa in the purr data tree and not so
> much from lv2, so I imagine that's still an open task haha :D
>
> I'm very familiarized with Pure Data - I've used it in a project and I
> amuse myself with some experimental music, and I would love to see some
> of my patches as plugins. Most recently I've started playing with Purr
> Data and Cycling74’s Max (to see their features and what could be
> brought to Purr Data). As a free software enthusiast and a pd lover I
> would love to contribute to this project.
>
> I'll start to make some small contributions to warm up with the code, if
> anyone has suggestions to study or more complex contributions related to
> audio plugins, let me know
>
> PS: I've found this similar project for pd that may relate to our goals:
> https://github.com/pierreguillot/Camomile (and could possibly be a
> baseline for part of my contribution. What do you think?).

Hello Gabriela,

Welcome!

I would check prior art for the plugin project idea. For example, it
appears that
Camomile fits your use case of turning your patches into plugins. There is
probably an external library in Pd Vanilla dealing with lv2 plugins.

What kind of features did you find in Max/MSP that would be useful in Purr Data?

Best,
Jonathan