[L2Ork-dev] Introducing myself for GSoC 2021

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 11:07:40 EST 2021

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 9:37 AM Prakhar Agarwal
<prakhar at everything.net.in> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am Prakhar Agarwal, a student at the Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi a.k.a. IIT (BHU). I am currently in my 1st year pursuing a bachelor of technology degree.
>
> I love the whole idea of using a visual programming environment for generating audio, video, and graphics which is also user-friendly. Purr Data is solving the problem of doing it efficiently and reliably on general-purpose operating systems like macOS, Windows, Debian.
>
> I am also keen on participating in GSOC 2021 and I am glad that Purr Data has come as an organization in it this year also. I'd really love to contribute to the project "Web App UI Cleanup" (link). I have successfully built the project locally on my machine and I am starting to work on it. Also, I have joined the mailing list and GitLab, it's just pending approval from the moderator.
>
> I am a seasoned open-source developer, recently I was contributing to the open-sourced Amahi android app (link to repo) and have made significant contributions (list of contributions) there also.
>
> I would like to further discuss the project with you.

Hi Prakhar Agarwal,

Thanks for your interest in our project.

A good place to start is at the bottom of our Summer of Code page
under the header "How to work with us":
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/6001000428601344/

Let us know if you have any questions, especially wrt building Purr Data.

Best,
Jonathan