[L2Ork-dev] Help with the web app development setup needed

Rukshan J. Senanayaka rjsenanayaka at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 20:38:18 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I was able to get the *standalone desktop app* working with Ubuntu 20.04
LTS. The earlier issues I faced were due to some packages being not
supported, so I had to manually install them. I tried doing some edits to
the Purr Data app and was able to successfully build and install the
software and see those changes reflected in the app.

But I'm having a real hard time with the *web app*.
I have installed the emscripten dependencies inside the
"/purr-data/emscripten" folder.
When I run `make emscripten`, I get the error,
*shared:INFO: (Emscripten: Running sanity checks)*
*wasm-ld: error: unknown file type: libdir.o*

When I run `npm start` inside "/purr-data/emscripten/project/purr-data", I
get the message "Serving!" in the console and the app runs on "
http://localhost:5000/".
But there 3 missing files mentioned in the developer console *dejavu.css,
default.css, main.js*.
These files are not found in the "/purr-data/emscripten/project/purr-data"
folder. The CSS files are in the "/purr-data/pd/nw" folder which is of the
standalone app. But the main.js is seen nowhere.

Thanks for reading,
Rukshan.