[L2Ork-dev] desiredata resource

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 18:06:54 EDT 2020

Hi all,

Just wanted to mention matju's desiredata as a good reference for
future features for Purr Data:

http://artengine.ca/desiredata/

I think 2010 was the last release. It wasn't fully functioning but you
can see a lot of the screenshots/screencaps here:

http://artengine.ca/desiredata/gallery/

I'm currently porting tracecall, and we already have a slightly
different version of [unpost].

It's quite amazing how many of these features we have implemented in
Pd-l2ork 1.0/Purr Data. In fact, you can use the
pdinfo/classinfo/dropdown to build your own class browser if you're
into that sort of thing.

I think the two biggest priorities that we need in Purr Data which
already existed in desiredata are:

1. autocomplete. There have been some quite nice HTML5 autocomplete
modules for awhile now-- we just need to scoop one up and integrate
it.
2. simple-benchmark.png-- the screenshot shows it for non-signal
objects. But we can also do this for signal objects where it would be
an enormous help to users.

Best,
Jonathan