[L2Ork-dev] Bug that I can't simplify...

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 20:11:03 EDT 2020

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 8:06 PM Mario Sottile - Marionetas Mey <
mariomey at gmail.com> wrote:

> > You can use the moonlib/image which ships with Purr Data to test for
> > this bug. But if you are using the one from Pd Vanilla, it will cause
> > problems.
> Look at the video attached. [moonlib/image] is very difficult to find
> with the mouse. In the video, you can see that there is a little box
> where the mouse click works. Some minutes ago, that little box was more
> or less 100px above the image.
> > When you've hit the bug with ggee/image that you posted in the video,
> > do you know if /home/mario/pd-externals was in your startup search
> > path?
> > ///
> > What I don't know is whether other versions of image could be
> > interefering with it.
>
> I deleted every path in Preferences. Now, I import everything using
> [declare]. If this bug persists, I'll be back 😎.

Arnold glasses, huh? Hee hee.

I did try reproducing your bug with a random ggee/image source file in a
deeply nested GOP. But it always displayed in the correct portion of the
GOP.

I don't have a good theory on how a Vanilla image class could be corrupting
the Purr Data ggee/image position. There does happen to be a loader
function in ggee/gui/image.c which should be defined as `static`, but I
don't see how that oversight would cause this bug.