[L2Ork-dev] [GSoC] Purr Data Emscripten Build Progress so far

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Sat May 30 12:20:03 EDT 2020

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 6:10 PM Zack Lee <cuinjune at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,

[...]

> The error I'm currently getting is "error: dac~: bad vector size" and it seems the incoming vector size is not correctly set for some reason.
>
> It would be helpful if anyone can point me to any files or functions that might be relevant to this error.

Hi Zack,

My first inclination is to check for undefined behavior in the dsp_add calls.

The s_n member of t_signal was unfortunately defined to be type "int", and the
dsp_add call that passes it around expects arguments that are sizeof(t_int).

Pd Vanilla sends s_n as an argument to dsp_add without casting to t_int. This
triggers undefined behavior when va_arg reads in that argument
as a t_int.

In Purr Data we cast all s_n members to t_int before the call to dsp_add.
It's possible by pasting some Pd Vanilla files you've mixed in some dsp_add
calls that don't properly cast s_n to t_int. So I'd check that first.

-Jonathan