[L2Ork-dev] Purr Data GSoC 2020: Cast of Characters

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri May 8 13:14:00 EDT 2020

Hello everyone, my name is Ivica Ico Bukvic and I am the original
developer of pd-l2ork which is now considered the 1.x branch and a
precursor to purr-data (a.k.a. pd-l2ork 2.x). I live in Virginia, work
at Virginia Tech as the director of Creativity+Innovation initiative,
where I also founded the Linux Laptop Orchestra (L2Ork, 2009,
http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/) and the Digital Interactive Sound &
Intermedia Studio (DISIS, 2007). In my previous non-administrative life,
I spent a lot of time coding/hacking pd-l2ork and am only now getting
back to it in part due to the COVID-19 that has allowed me to carve out
a bit of research time (talk about a silver lining). I look forward to
bringing purr-data up to parity with all the features within the 1.x
version, so that I can finally transition the Linux Laptop Orchestra to
using purr-data. I am also excited by the prospect of fully embedding
the purr-data inside a browser, so that projects like the recently
released L2Ork Tweeter
(http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/make-your-own-l2ork/tweeter/) can be
completely embedded inside a browser. I am particularly passionate about
the usability aspects of purr-data/pd-l2ork, so I tend to spend a lot of
time refining things to make both the development and use as seamless as
possible. I will serve as one of the mentors this summer working with
Hugo and look forward to interacting with everyone.

With this in mind, I wonder if we may want to set up a periodic zoom
conference call?

On 5/8/2020 10:04 AM, Sam Thursfield wrote:
> Hi Guillem :)
>
> On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 5:16 PM Guillem Bartrina
> <guillembartrina at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm Guillem Bartrina, one of the three participants that will be working
>> hard to grow Purr Data this year. I live in Barcelona (CEST time zone)
> So we are two people based in Spain! I'm not actually from here.. but
> I've lived in Santiago since a couple of years ago.
> Good luck with the project!
> Sam

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Director, Creativity + Innovation
Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology

Virginia Tech
Creative Technologies in Music
School of Performing Arts – 0141
Blacksburg, VA 24061