[L2Ork-dev] Creating a unique identifier for each pd client

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 19:52:40 EDT 2020

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 7:05 PM Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

> Thanks, Sam. I am hoping to use something that is either native to
> Purr-Data or an abstraction.

You can get a bit of entropy from [name(--[canvasinfo].

The symbol returned is based off the memory address that malloc returned to
create the relevant canvas.

Depending on what you're doing that may be enough. If not you could add
the current millisecond and concatenate that. (I think zexy has an object
to return time.)

-Jonathan