[L2Ork-dev] Applicant for GSoC - 'Inject Purr Data Directly into the Web'

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 22:51:23 EDT 2020

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 10:28 PM Shashank Athreya
<athreya.shashank at protonmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was browsing the idea lists for GSoC and came across Purr Data and I was quite fascinated. I have been working with Web Design and C for nearly 3 and 5 years. I checked out purrdata.net and was a bit surprised with the simple, text based interface and I thought of a lot of ways to improve it.

Hi Shashank,

Welcome!

This may be a good place to start-- what are some of your ideas for
improvements?

> I did have a few concerns regarding the design which are with respect to the color scheme and the level of usage of the logo and it's animations; I love cats and had to filter out a lot of cat related ideas. And before I applied, I wanted to ask if there are any specific requirements to this project and to also familiarize myself with this project.

Feel free to use your cat ideas! They are welcome.

> I understand that the difficulty will lie in building the GUI framework that has a workable UX within a single browser window and leveraging Chromium's newer callback-based interface to it.

I would suggest spending some time on the issue of UX in a single
browser window and how that differs from the current interface.

> I am intrigued by this and excited to learn more about the prior models or implementations to help develop the next stage. I have read the releases and am keen on this project.

Great to hear! Please feel free to post more question to this list, to
me, or both.

Best,
Jonathan