[L2Ork-dev] 2.11 build for Linux

Linux ROUEN linux.rouen at free.fr
Fri Jun 12 13:29:23 EDT 2020

In add to my previous mail earlier today on this subject, I reconfirm this issue does not exist under Windows 10 (1909) with either Purr Data 2.10 or the latest 2.11.

But both are still using NW.js 0.14.7, i.e. an older version than under GNU/Linux.

In add, updating from Purr Data 2.10 to 2.11 under Windows 10, I have lost all my preferences setting (as I validated uninstall before new install).

It’s not a big deal but under GNU/Linux it’s fortunately not the case.

Remember also that MIDI SYSEX messages handling (with big bulk data) under GNU/Linux is very-very poor (up completely freezing and/or auto quitting-closing Purr Data) compared to Windows which is much-much better (almost perfect) for such task.

This is seriously limiting SYSEX data stream under GNU/Linux when you need to dump such data to/from a MIDI equipment.

Best,

Joseph Gastelais